Stuff Kulcha is an easy and tasty, an Indian breakfast recipe . Kulche is a form of bakery base similar to that of pizza base ,primarily available towards the Northern part of India, especially the punjabi belt. Kulche is used like chapatis in a special punjabi dish called as chole kulche where it is consumed along with chole. You can find my recipe for chole here. Stuffed Kulche is a form of sandwich where the kulcha is stuffed with a mixture made of paneer.
- Kulchas – 4 kulchas (readymade)
- Pure desi ghee for shallow fry
- Paneer – 2 cup crumbles (cottage cheese)
- Onions – 2 medium size (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 medium size (chopped)
- Green Chillies – 2 green chilies (finely chopped)
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Salt as per taste
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp.(optional)
- Chicken Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek leaves – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium flame, till hot.
- Add the onions and fry till soft. Now add the green chilies and tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder and chicken masala powder and mix well. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add paneer and fenugreek leaves and mix well and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Turn off the gas and keep the mixture aside.
How to do stuffing
- Heat the tawa on medium flame and grease with little ghee.
- Roast it till both the surface turns brown in color.
- Now spread stuffing over the kulcha and cover with another one.
- Now again roast it for 2 minutes on tawa (add little ghee more ) for more crispy and tasty.
- Prepare all the kulchas in the same manner.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce and green chilli sauce.