- Snake gourd – 1/4 kilo
- Coconut ( grated ) – 1 cup
- Green chilli – 4
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Dry red chilli – 2
- Curry leaves – a few
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – as required
1. Remove seeds of snake gourd and cut it into a very small pieces.
2. Now grind coconut, green chilli, garlic, cumin, coarsely.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan.
4. Add mustard, red chilli, curry leaves.
5. When mustard seeds starts spluttering, add chopped padval, turmeric powder, salt and cover the pan with a lid and cook.
5. When snake gourd is half cooked, add ground paste and mix properly.
6. Now the snake gourd thoran is ready to serve.