Methi Rice is an easy healthy meals cooked in spicy, aromatic methi leaves.Green leafy vegetables is something which is recommended in your daily diet . Methi rice is a healthy recipe with the unique flavour and it tastes really good if you have it with achar.
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup ( I have used normal rice)
- Onion – 2 (chopped)
- Tomato – 3 (chopped)
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Methi leaves – 1 cup tightly stuffed
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Pure Ghee – 1 tsp
- Salt as per required
- Cumin seeds -1 tsp
- Fennel seeds -1 tsp
- Bay leaf -1
- Star anise – 1
- Cinnamon- 1 small piece
- Cardamom- 2
- Pepper – 5
- Black cardamom – 1
- Cloves – 3
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder -2 tsp
- Chilli Powder -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
- Garam masala -3/4 tsp
- Clean methi leaves and wash thoroughly and keep it aside. (take the leaves alone, discard the stem )
- Soak rice for 45 minutes. Drain the water completely.
- Heat a tsp of ghee and fry the drained rice for a few minutes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, bay leaf, star anise, cinnamon, cardamom, pepper, black cardamom, cloves, mustard seeds.
- When jeera splutters, add chopped onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a few more seconds or till the raw smell goes.
- Add all the dry powder given under spice powder and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and chopped methi leaves and saute well till the leaves wilt.
- Add salt, 2 cups of water and rice to it.
- Now cook the rice on a slow flame without a lid on it.(You can also per-cook the rice in the cooker and mix it with masala)
- Serve hot with raita, papad and any pickle.
This masala raita is nothing but just a mixture of tomato and onion but with a slight twist, and this twist is that I have mixed some leftover Dry garlic chutney powder into it. This twist has made the raita taste amazing. But if you do not want to do this, then you can simply add pepper powder, chaat masala, black salt, zeera powder and chilli powder.
- Curd – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 large (finely chopped)
- Green chili – 1 (finely chopped)
- Dry Garlic chutney – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Wash the onion, tomatoes and green chili.
- Cut them into small pieces.
- Whisk the curd.
- Add the finely chopped onion, tomato and green chili in the curd.
- Add salt and the left over Garlic chutney powder .
- Mix them well.
- Garnish and serve with pulao, biryani and with any stuffed paratha.
This is the easiest and tasty biryani I have tried to make today. I have learn to make this recipe from one of my friend. This biryani is made with the rice called “Zeera Sambha” this is also known as Zeera rice. The rice itself has a very typical smell which gives it a biryani like unique flavour.
- Rice – 1 kg ( soak it for about 45 minutes before making it)
- Oil – 1/4 kg
- Cardamom – 2 piece
- Cinnamon – 2 piece
- Cloves – 2 piece
- Ginger and garlic paste – 4 tbsp
- Tomatoes – 1/4 kg
- Coriander and mint leaves – as required
- Curd – 1 small cup
- Lemon – 2
- Green chillies – 4
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp (or as required)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Food color – 1/4 tsp
- Wash and soak the rice for about 45 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan add cardamon,cinnamon,cloves and onion . Fry till golden brown .
- Add ginger-garlic paste and mix well.
- Now add the boiled egg and mix it well .
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, green chillies, red chilli powder, tomatoes and mix.
- Now cook for 5 mins with close lid.
- Now open the lid and add lemon juice, curd, chopped coriander and mint leaves and close the lid and cook for another five minutes.
- Now take a spoon and remove the oil from top of the gravy and keep it aside.
- In a separate vessel add water, food color, salt and mint leaves and close the lid , wait till it boils.
- Once the water starts boiling add soaked rice in it and half cook the rice.
- Now add the rice into the egg gravy, add the removed oil on top of the rice and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes in slow flame.
- Cover it and leave it for the couple of hours so that the flavor of the masala is absorbed by the rice.
- Mix rice from the bottom properly before serving.
- Serve with onion tomato raita and papad.
Aloo capsicum is a very simple and easy side dish for roti, paratha, puri and rice. So lets learn how to make this simple Indian recipe .
- Capsicum – 2 Big size (shimla mirch)
- Potatoes – 10 to 12 small
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves (smashed)
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup
- Aamchur Powder – 1tsp
- Green Chilies as per taste
- Salt as per Taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Boil and peel the Potatoes.
- Cut them into big chunks.
- Heat Oil in a frying Pan add Cumin Seeds into it.
- Once the seeds starts spluttering add Turmeric Powder and garlic and stir for few minutes in a slow flame.
- Once the raw smell goes add Potatoes into it.
- Fry the Potatoes till they are golden brown in color and add salt.
- When the Potatoes have turned golden brown in color add the long cut pieces of Capsicum and keep on cooking for another 5 to 8 min .
- Now add the Garam Masala and aamchur powder and turn of the burner.
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
- Serve hot with Paratha, Roti or Bread at lunch or breakfast.
Tips:- It’s better to cut boiled potatoes in big chucks so that it doesn,t get mushy.
This is one of my favorite chutney, so whenever I make pakodas, samosa or any other chaat item i ensure that i make this chutney.
My father loves this chutney and coriander chutney . He would always prefer it with plain dal and rice. He also loves it with rice khichdi. So guys if you are a fan of simple and typical Indian food you might want to try this.
- Coriander – 1 bunch
- Mint – 2 bunch
- Garlic – 6 piece
- Ginger – 20 grm
- Green chillies – 4 number
- Onion – one large
- Lemon juice – 4 tbsp or (as per your taste)
- Salt as per the taste
- Clean and wash coriander and mint leaves.
- Peel ginger and garlic and remove stem from green chillies and wash all these three ingredients thoroughly.
- Peel onion and cut it into 4 pieces.
- Now grind all the above ingredients including salt into a smooth paste.
- Serve with any pakodas and chaat item.
Today I am going to show you a simple soyabean rice recipe which is very easy and simple to make.This uses your normal daily-use rice thus making it a recipe for everyday.Even the other ingredient used in this recipe are easily available. Your kids are sure to love this healthy and nutritious recipe.
- Normal Rice – 1 cup
- Soya chunks – 20 pieces
- Onion – 2 midium (thinly sliced)
- Carrot – 1 big (chopped)
- Green chilli – 3 slit
- Dry Red chilli – 2
- Salt as per needed
For the seasoning :-
- Ghee – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Cloves – 2
- Cardamom – 1
- Bay leaf -1
- Black pepper – 4 to 5 nos
- Javitri – 1 or two
- Black cardamom – 1
- Bring water to boil, add soya chunks, salt and turn off the flame. Let it remain soaked for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, squeeze out the water and cut soya chunks into 2 pieces and keep it aside.
- Now cook rice separately and keep it aside.
- Heat Ghee in kadahi add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf, dry red chilli, black pepper, javitri and black cardamom.
- Add thinly sliced onions, Soya chunks, green chillies, salt and saute until golden brown.
- Add chopped carrot and cook for few minutes.(do not over cook the carrot)
- Now add the cooked rice in it and mix well.
- So the simple soya chunks ghee rice is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with any kkind or raita, pickle, papad and fryams.
Garlic chutney is a dry powdered recipe which can be stored in an air tight container for about few weeks. It can be eaten in many ways like, you can spread this chutney on partaha, mix with atta and make garlic paratha or roti, mix it with curd etc.Especially people in Maharashtra use this dry garlic chutny (Teekha chutney, teeka chutney) for Vada pav.
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Dry coconut powder – 1/4 cup
- Garlic cloves – 8 number (chopped)
- Green chillies – 4 number (chopped)
- Hing (asafoetida) – a pinch
- Jeera powder – 1 tsp
- Peanuts – 1/4 cup (roasted)
- Roasted sesame seeds – 1/4 cup (optional)
- Salt as per the taste
- Oil for cooking
- Roast peanuts and sesame seeds separately and then add them into a blender to make a fine powder. Keep it aside.
- Take a pan, heat a very little oil.
- Add pinch of hing, chopped garlic, green chillies and saute well.
- Add coconut powder and fry till brown and then turn off the gas and keep it aside.
- Add chilli powder, cumin powder and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool down and then add the roasted peanut and sesame seeds powder and mix well.
- Add salt as per the taste and stir well.
- If you are making vada pav then to make this chutney little more crunchy, you can use small pieces of fried vada batter.You can make a powder of it and mix into this chutney.
- I didn,t use sesame seeds in this recipe because i did not prefer using it, but since a lot of people like the taste of it they choose to use it in the chutney.So it entirely depends on you if you want to use it or not.
- For more colour in chutney you can add kashmiri mirch.
Egg roll is a famous Chinese recipe . Today i am going to show you how to make an egg roll from the scratch.I have tried to prepare an egg roll in an Indian style, Personally i never prefer to add soy sauce, vinegar and ajinomoto in any Chinese recipe I make as the consumption off these three items are not good for health.But if you want to use these item while making an egg you are free to do so.
Ingredients for Wrappers :-
- Maida – 2 cups (all purpose flour)
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Normal water – as per needed
Ingredients for stuffing :-
- Cabbage – 1 midium finely shredded
- Onion – 5 to 6 midium
- Carrot – 4 grated
- Capsicum – 1 thinly sliced
- Green chillies – 3 finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Tomato sauce- 1/2 cup
- Chilli sauce – 2 tbsp
- Oil – a little
Method to make Wrappers :-
- In a medium sized bowl, mix flour and salt.
- Pour water as per needed and mix with your hand.
- Mix slowly in a little bit of water at a time until you get a non crumbly dough that is just the tiniest bit sticky.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for about twenty minutes.
- Make small balls from the dough just as you would do when you are making chapattis
- Roll these balls to make chapatis similar to the size of a pan pizza.(you can grease the balls with oil in order to prevent sticking.
- On a well greased tawa half cook the chappatis.(It is very important taht the chappatis are only half cooked)
Method to make Stuffing :-
- Heat a little oil in the pan and season the oil with chopped green chilli and salt.
- Add the cabbage, onions, carrots and capsicum and mix well.
- After few minutes add chilli sauce and tomato sauce and mix well and keep it aside.
Method to make Egg Roll :-
- On a well greased tawa place the wrapper and break one or two eggs as per your choice and spread it evenly with a spoon.
- Keep spreading it until you see egg getting cooked slightly.
- Carefully turn the wrapper over so that the side with the egg-spread gets cooked well.
- In the meantime spread some oil on the wrapper in order to get a soft and crispy feel.
- Once cooked place the wrapper on a flat surface with the egg-spread facing upwards.
- Place little amount of the stuffing in the middle of the wrapper and spread it straight line but leaving an inch at both corner.
- Drop a little tomato sauce, chilli sauce and chaat masala and roll it with one side of the wrapper inside a tissue paper.
Stuff Kulcha is an easy and tasty, an Indian breakfast recipe . Kulche is a form of bakery base similar to that of pizza base ,primarily available towards the Northern part of India, especially the punjabi belt. Kulche is used like chapatis in a special punjabi dish called as chole kulche where it is consumed along with chole. You can find my recipe for chole here. Stuffed Kulche is a form of sandwich where the kulcha is stuffed with a mixture made of paneer.
- Kulchas – 4 kulchas (readymade)
- Pure desi ghee for shallow fry
- Paneer – 2 cup crumbles (cottage cheese)
- Onions – 2 medium size (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 medium size (chopped)
- Green Chillies – 2 green chilies (finely chopped)
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Salt as per taste
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp.(optional)
- Chicken Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek leaves – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium flame, till hot.
- Add the onions and fry till soft. Now add the green chilies and tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder and chicken masala powder and mix well. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add paneer and fenugreek leaves and mix well and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Turn off the gas and keep the mixture aside.
How to do stuffing
- Heat the tawa on medium flame and grease with little ghee.
- Roast it till both the surface turns brown in color.
- Now spread stuffing over the kulcha and cover with another one.
- Now again roast it for 2 minutes on tawa (add little ghee more ) for more crispy and tasty.
- Prepare all the kulchas in the same manner.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce and green chilli sauce.
Kadai paneer is a tasty north indian recipe. This is the simplest way of cooking kadai paneer as all the items being used for this recipe, will be easily available at your home. It goes well with rice, roti, paratha and puri. So guys do not wait, try this yummy recipe and i am sure you are going to love this.
- Paneer cubes -1 cup
- Onion – 1 large thinly sliced
- Tomato -1 medium size thinly sliced
- Capsicum – 1 large thinly sliced
- Cumin seeds – 1tbsp
- Badi elaichi – 1 nos
- Bay leaf – 1 nos
- Cinnamon stick – 1 small piece.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1tsp
- Ginger paste – 1tsp
- Kasturi methi leaves – 1 tsp (finely crushed)
- Milk cream – 1/4 cup
- Salt as per the taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a kadai, add cumin seeds,bay leaf,black cardamom and cinamon stick .
- Add sliced onion to it and saute till it changes it colors.
- Now add capcicum, tomatoes and saute till half cooked.
- Now take a bowl and add ginger paste, coriander powder, red chilly powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, salt and make a paste by adding little water to it.
- Add this paste to the mixture and saute till the raw smell goes .
- After the raw smell goes you can cover and cook for a while if you want it to be a little more mushy.
- Now add milk cream and saute for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add paneer cubes and kasturi methi ,stir well so that the masala’s get mix with the gravy properly.
- Serve hot with Roti, Rice, Paratha, Puri.
Note :- You can add more cream if you want, as it will give a rich taste to your kadai paneer.