- Vermicelli – 100 gm
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Milk – 750 gm
- Cashew Nuts – 20 gm (cut each cashew in 8 pieces)
- Raisins – 25
- Small Cardamom – 4 to 5
- Sugar – 75 gm
- Almonds – 4 (cut them length wise into thin pieces)
- Take a pan and heat some ghee in a low flame.
- Add vermicelli in the ghee and fry till golden brown.
- Now turn off the burner and take out the vermicelli on a plate and keep it aside.
- In a thick-bottomed frying pan,pour milk and let it boil.
- When the milk starts boiling, add vermicelli in it .
- Stir continuously on a midium flame till the time the milk gets thickened and then add sugar to it.
- Now add cardamom granules in it and stir well and turn off the burner.
- Take out the vermicelli kheer in a bowl and garnish it with sliced almonds, cashew and raisins.
- You can eat either hot or cold.
Note :- I prefer adding rosted dryfruits in it ,for that take a pan heat some ghee and fry the dryfruits ensuring that it doesn’t burn.
- Toovar dal – 1 cup
- Tomato- 1 chopped
- Onion – 2 chopped
- Carrot – 1 chopped (optional)
- Beans – 4 to 5 chopped (optional)
- Brinjal- 2 cubed
- Potato – 1 cubed
- Tamarind (imli) pulp – as per the taste
- Salt per taste
For The Tempering:-
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 6 to 7
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Wash and pressure cook the dal, tomato, onion, brinjals, carrot, beans and potato with 2 cups of water.
- Once the dal is cooked properly mash it properly and then add the tamarind pulp,salt and 4 cups of water and bring it to boil.
- Now heat some oil in frying pan add mustard seeds, curry leaves .
- When the mustard seeds starts spluttering . Add this to the sambhar and simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Serve hot with masala dosa.
Note :- For masala dosa i prefer making sambhar little watery as it taste much better than the thicker version of sambhar.
Noodles is one of my favorite chinese recipe .I always prefer to make noodles for breakfast as its an instant recipe and healthy too (especially because i don’t use chinese salt and vinegar, i use lots of vegetables).It taste real good if you have noodles with paneer chilli ,manchurian .
- Chinese noodles – 100 grams (easily available in general store)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp (properly crushed)
- Onion -2 midium
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup (thinly sliced)
- Carrot – 1 medium size (thinly sliced)
- Capsicum – 1 big size
- Soya sauce – 2 tsp
- Tomato sauce – 2 tsp or as required
- Chilli sauce – 1/2 tsp or as required
- Salt to taste
- Oil -2 1/2 tbsp
- Bring water to boil adding a tsp of oil and 1/2 tsp of salt.Then add noodles to the boiling water.
- Stir in between to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
- Do not over cook the noodles.
- Once done drain the noodles in a strainer and than spread it on the flat surface in order to prevent it from sticking to each other.
- Now cut the vegetables (carrot, onions, cabbage and capsicum) and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add finely crushed ginger-garlic paste and saute for 2 seconds.
- Then add onions and saute for a few more seconds on high flame.
- Now add carrot, cabbage and capsicum and saute the vegetables on high flame (Ensure that the vegetables should not be over cooked).
- Then add soya sauce, chilli sauce, tomato sauce and mix well.
- Now add the cooked noodles, salt, and toss everything together, so that the noodles get mixed with the sauces properly.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with any sauce as per taste.
Today early morning i had to go to the temple and i was little worried about what to cook for breakfast .Since i didn’t have time I opened the fridge and found there are some leftover chana in there .I thought of an instant recipe with this chana which was very easy and simple to cook and its healthy too.Everybody liked it very much.So i thought i should share this recipe with you all.
- Black chickpeas (Kala chana) – 250 gm
- Coconut – 1/2 cup (freshly grated)
- Green chillies – 4
- Salt as per taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds– 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig,
- Soak chana overnight or for 5 to 6 hours.
- Rinse and drain water.
- Pressure cook by adding enough water to cover chana , and salt for 4 whistles.
- Initially cook chana on high flame , further cook on reduced heat for about five to ten minutes.
- Leave it in the cooker until it cools.
- Drain cooked chana and keep it aside.
- Now heat a pan and pour some oil.
- When mustard seeds starts spluttering add curry leaves and drained chickpeas.
- Saute on midium flame till the liquid dries.
- Now add coconut and green chillies and saute (its better if you smash the green chillies and that add to it).
- Mix well and serve instantly.
- It goes well with rasam rice or you can have it as a side dish.
- This can also be used as an instant breakfast.
Tamarind chutney is a very popular for its natural sour taste and this can be served with almost all kind of fried snacks and chaats. Not only this its very easy and simple to make.
- Tamarind, seeded – 1/2 lb
- Sugar – 2 1/2 cups
- Boiling water - 2 1/2 cups
- Roasted ground cumin seeds – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Black salt – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper – 1 tsp
- Ginger powder - 1/2 tsp
- Soak tamarind in warm water for about 20 minutes.
- Mash it into a pulp and strain pressing the tamarind into the strainer.
- Now add sugar to the pulp and mix well.
- And add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- You can refrigerate this chutney for two to three months.
- Tamarind chutney is delicious with samosas, pakoras, french fries , dahi vadas, bhel poori, or any kind of chaat.
Besan ka Cheela is one of the easiest recipe to make for breakfast and it is healthy too.This recipe is very easy and quick to prepare so you can also prepare this for your kids lunch.
- Bengal gram flour (besan) – 2 cups
- Green chillI – 2 (chopped)
- Carrots – 2 tbsp , shredded
- Beans – 1 tbsp , shredded
- Tomatoes – 2 tbsp , chopped
- Coriander leaves – 1 bunch (finely chopped)
- Carom seeds (ajwain) – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- Water as per required to make a smooth batter
- Oil for cooking
- Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl by adding small quantities of water to make a smooth batter.
- Add water till it comes to a dropping consistency and keep it aside.( Just ensure that there should be no lumps in it).
- Now heat a non-stick-tawa and put little oil on tawa and spread 1 serving spoonful of batter evenly on it.
- Cover it with a lid for a minute so that it should cook inside also.
- Then remove lid and put some more oil on the top & turn it upside down.
- Now let it be brown and little crispy from both sides.
- Repeat the same process with rest of the batter.
- Now your besan ka chilla is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with any chutney like coconut chutney , tomato or green chutney,yogurt , spicy pickles , sambhar , chilli or tomato sauce.
Baingan ke pakore is a very tasty tea time snack . Baigan ke pakode is a very simple and easy to make recipe.
- Brinjal (baingan) – 2 medium size
- Gram flour(besan) – 7 to 8 tbsp
- Rice flour -2 tbsp rice flour
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Chat masala(optional)
- Take a bowl, add gram flour, garam masala powder, rice flour, red chili powder, and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients with the help of little water to make a thick batter.
- Wash the baigan and cut them into thin round pieces of about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Now dip slices of the brinjal into the batter , it should be well coated with the batter on both sides.
- Now drop gently into the hot oil and fry till golden brown.
- Take them out on a tissue paper and serve hot with mint coriander chutney.
- If yo want you can sprinkle some chili powder and chaat masala on top of pakoras.