Masoor Dal kadi is the popular Chhatisgarhi dish. Masoor dal kadi is a very simple and easy to make recipe as this dal cooks fast in a pressure cooker.It goes well with plain roti, plain rice and papad.
- Whole Masoor Dal – 1cup
- Sour yogurt – 1 cup ( you can add more as per your taste)
- Besan – 2 tsp
- Dried red Chilies – 3 (make two pieces)
- Methi seeds – 1/3 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Garlic – 5 pods (crushed)
- Green chilli – 6 (chopped)
- Coriander leaves – (chopped)
- Salt as per taste
- Water as per required
- Wash the masoor dal and cook in a pressure cooker with water, salt and turmeric.
- Switch off the burner when the pressure is relieved.
- Allow the cooker to cool down on its own.
- In the meanwhile, take a bowl and whip the curd.
- Take besan in a separate bowl, add 11/2 cup water and mix well so that no lump is formed.
- Now add curd, water and chilli powder and mix.
- Pour the dahi and besan mix into the dal and mix well.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes.
- You can adjust consistency by adding water or evaporating water.
- Heat oil in a kadahi for tempering.
- Add methi, mustard, and red chili.
- Once the mustard seeds starts crackling add garlic and fry the garlic for few seconds.
- Add this mixture to the Dal.
- Add chopped green chili and boil dal on a slow flame, stirring in between.
- Once it is boiled add chopped coriander leaves and serve.