Egg roll is a famous Chinese recipe . Today i am going to show you how to make an egg roll from the scratch.I have tried to prepare an egg roll in an Indian style, Personally i never prefer to add soy sauce, vinegar and ajinomoto in any Chinese recipe I make as the consumption off these three items are not good for health.But if you want to use these item while making an egg you are free to do so.
Ingredients for Wrappers :-
- Maida – 2 cups (all purpose flour)
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Normal water – as per needed
Ingredients for stuffing :-
- Cabbage – 1 midium finely shredded
- Onion – 5 to 6 midium
- Carrot – 4 grated
- Capsicum – 1 thinly sliced
- Green chillies – 3 finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Tomato sauce- 1/2 cup
- Chilli sauce – 2 tbsp
- Oil – a little
Method to make Wrappers :-
- In a medium sized bowl, mix flour and salt.
- Pour water as per needed and mix with your hand.
- Mix slowly in a little bit of water at a time until you get a non crumbly dough that is just the tiniest bit sticky.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for about twenty minutes.
- Make small balls from the dough just as you would do when you are making chapattis
- Roll these balls to make chapatis similar to the size of a pan pizza.(you can grease the balls with oil in order to prevent sticking.
- On a well greased tawa half cook the chappatis.(It is very important that the chappatis are only half cooked)
Method to make Stuffing :-
- Heat a little oil in the pan and season the oil with chopped green chilli and salt.
- Add the cabbage, onions, carrots and capsicum and mix well.
- After few minutes add chilli sauce and tomato sauce and mix well and keep it aside.
Method to make Egg Roll :-
- On a well greased tawa place the wrapper and break one or two eggs as per your choice and spread it evenly with a spoon.
- Keep spreading it until you see egg getting cooked slightly.
- Carefully turn the wrapper over so that the side with the egg-spread gets cooked well.
- In the meantime spread some oil on the wrapper in order to get a soft and crispy feel.
- Once cooked place the wrapper on a flat surface with the egg-spread facing upwards.
- Place little amount of the stuffing in the middle of the wrapper and spread it straight line but leaving an inch at both corner.
- Drop a little tomato sauce, chilli sauce and chaat masala and roll it with one side of the wrapper inside a tissue paper and serve.