Pachadi is a South Indian dish similar to the North Indian dish called Raita. Pachadi is made of both vegetables and fruits. Golden cucumber pachadi is a tasty side dish in Onam Sadya.
- Golden Cucumber – 2 cups, cubed
- Small onion/shallots – 3, sliced
- Green chilli – 2 slit lengthwise
- Chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Chopped garlic – ¼ tsp
- Jeera/Cumin – a pinch
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Yogurt/curd – 500 gms
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Curry leaves
- Grind coconut, chopped garlic and jeera with little water to a smooth paste.
- Whisk the yogurt and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When the seeds starts crackle add cubed cucumber, sliced small onion,green chilli, ginger, and salt. Stir it for about 2 minutes.
- Cook till the cucumber becomes soft.
- Add coconut paste, cook for 3-4 mins, do not let it boil.
- Remove from fire and add whisked yogurt to the mixture, mix well.
- Serve with any Biryani or Pulao.