- Toovar dal – 1 cup
- Tomato- 1 chopped
- Onion – 2 chopped
- Carrot – 1 chopped (optional)
- Beans – 4 to 5 chopped (optional)
- Brinjal- 2 cubed
- Potato – 1 cubed
- Tamarind (imli) pulp – as per the taste
- Salt per taste
For The Tempering:-
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 6 to 7
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Wash and pressure cook the dal, tomato, onion, brinjals, carrot, beans and potato with 2 cups of water.
- Once the dal is cooked properly mash it properly and then add the tamarind pulp,salt and 4 cups of water and bring it to boil.
- Now heat some oil in frying pan add mustard seeds, curry leaves .
- When the mustard seeds starts spluttering . Add this to the sambhar and simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Serve hot with masala dosa.
Note :- For masala dosa i prefer making sambhar little watery as it taste much better than the thicker version of sambhar.