Today early morning i had to go to the temple and i was little worried about what to cook for breakfast .Since i didn’t have time I opened the fridge and found there are some leftover chana in there .I thought of an instant recipe with this chana which was very easy and simple to cook and its healthy too.Everybody liked it very much.So i thought i should share this recipe with you all.
- Black chickpeas (Kala chana) – 250 gm
- Coconut – 1/2 cup (freshly grated)
- Green chillies – 4
- Salt as per taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds– 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig,
- Soak chana overnight or for 5 to 6 hours.
- Rinse and drain water.
- Pressure cook by adding enough water to cover chana , and salt for 4 whistles.
- Initially cook chana on high flame , further cook on reduced heat for about five to ten minutes.
- Leave it in the cooker until it cools.
- Drain cooked chana and keep it aside.
- Now heat a pan and pour some oil.
- When mustard seeds starts spluttering add curry leaves and drained chickpeas.
- Saute on midium flame till the liquid dries.
- Now add coconut and green chillies and saute (its better if you smash the green chillies and that add to it).
- Mix well and serve instantly.
- It goes well with rasam rice or you can have it as a side dish.
- This can also be used as an instant breakfast.