Besan ka Cheela is one of the easiest recipe to make for breakfast and it is healthy too.This recipe is very easy and quick to prepare so you can also prepare this for your kids lunch.
- Bengal gram flour (besan) – 2 cups
- Green chillI – 2 (chopped)
- Carrots – 2 tbsp , shredded
- Beans – 1 tbsp , shredded
- Tomatoes – 2 tbsp , chopped
- Coriander leaves – 1 bunch (finely chopped)
- Carom seeds (ajwain) – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- Water as per required to make a smooth batter
- Oil for cooking
- Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl by adding small quantities of water to make a smooth batter.
- Add water till it comes to a dropping consistency and keep it aside.( Just ensure that there should be no lumps in it).
- Now heat a non-stick-tawa and put little oil on tawa and spread 1 serving spoonful of batter evenly on it.
- Cover it with a lid for a minute so that it should cook inside also.
- Then remove lid and put some more oil on the top & turn it upside down.
- Now let it be brown and little crispy from both sides.
- Repeat the same process with rest of the batter.
- Now your besan ka chilla is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with any chutney like coconut chutney , tomato or green chutney,yogurt , spicy pickles , sambhar , chilli or tomato sauce.