Do not store bananas in a bunch or in a fruit bowl with other fruits.Bananas release gases which cause fruits (including other bananas) to ripen quickly. Separating them will keep them fresh longer.So separate your banana and place each in a different location.
Don`t throw away of the foods left over. Store them in fridge. Use them in making tasting dishes.
You can see some of my Leftover recipes by following these links :
In order to keep curry leaves fresh for many days, put the curry leaves with the stem into air tight bottle with some fenugreek seeds.
This is one way of preparing paneer butter masala but i will come up with a simpler way of making it , if you are sort of time and want to quickly make it if there is a guest coming. But i can assure you that it will taste no lesser than this one.
- Paneer – 250 gms
- Chopped Onion – 1 large
- Sliced Onion – 2 (to fry)
- Chopped tomatoes – 2 to 3 large
- Kasturi methi- ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp (or as per the taste)
- Butter – 1 ½ tbsps
- Oil -1 ½ tbsps
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – a pinch
- Cashew nuts – 12
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf – 1 bay leaf
- Green cardamom – 1
- Black cardamom – 1
- Small cinnamon stick – 1
- Cloves – 4 to 5
- Javitri – 1
- Milk to add to gravy – 1 cup
- Fresh cream – as much as required
- Ketchup – 1 tsp
Cut onions into very thin slices, sprinkle corn flour on top of the onions and mix it then deep fry till they turn golden brown color and let it cool.
Blend fried onion and cashew together by adding little water in it to make a paste and keep it aside. (Keep 1 tbsp of fried onion separate)
Method to make Paneer Butter Masala:-
- First of all saute paneer cubes in oil for 2 minutes and keep it aside.(if you do not want to saute paneer you can leave this step)
- Heat a pan with some oil, add jeera and dry spices.When the cumin seeds starts spluttering add chopped onion, salt and a pinch of turmeric and fry until golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook till the mixture turns soft and mushy. You can cover and cook as well.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and fry until the raw smell of masala goes off and the masala should leave the sides of the pan.Turn off the gas.
- When the mixture cools, blend it by adding little water to make a smooth paste and set aside.
- Heat a pan melt butter add fried onion crushed and add the paste of fried onion and the paste of onion, tomato and spices and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cream and 1 tsp ketchup and mix well.
- Now add paneer and milk to adjust the thickness .
- Let it boil.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- It goes well with naan, roti, paratha, puri, or jeera rice.
Put a dish towel or damp paper towel under your cutting board to keep it from slipping and wobbling.
The best way to avoid sticky rice is to soak washed rice in water for at least ten minutes before cooking and then adding a tsp of oil to separate the grains.
There are many different ways of making an omelette. Today i am sharing the recipe called Omelette veggie delight which is high in protein and rich in fiber. In my opinion Omelette along with toasted wheat bread and a glass of juice is a perfect and a healthy breakfast for anybody. Your kids will also love this recipe. So keep reading and sharing the recipe if you like, i will come up with the different styles of making an omelette.
- Eggs – 3
- Onion – 1 large (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Green chili – 3 (chopped)
- Carrot – 2 tbsp (grated or finely chopped)
- Cabbage – 2 tbsp (shredded or chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Chop onion, cabbage, tomato, green chilli, carrot and coriander leaves and set aside.
Let it cook for a minute or 2 over low flame.
Once cooked, flip the omelette around and let it cook the other side as well for a minute.
Transfer to a serving plate and continue to make 2 more. Serve hot.
- Make sure that you remove the pulp and deseed the tomatoes before chopping it.
- You can adjust the quantity of vegetables as per your taste and requirement.
- Always cook the omelette over low flame. It takes very less time to cook. If cooked over high flame the eggs will cook fast making the vegetables uncooked or the bottom might get burnt as well.
- You need to ensure that you chop all the vegetables finely, so that it is cooked easily or else you can cover omeletee for one min and cook.
If your dish turn out to be more spicy, pour some coconut oil to control the spiciness.
Before adding coriander leaves to any of your recipe, soak it in water with 2 tbsp of salt for about 5 minutes. Then wash it thoroughly under running water and drain it. This is done to remove the germs and pesticides.
You can substitute crushed corn flakes for bread crumbs in most recipes.